The Sacred Pace: Why Your Healing Journey is a Walk, Not a Sprint


There was a season where I had it all together. My routines were down, my habits were strong, and my wellness felt like a well-oiled machine. But then, life happened. The profound tragedy of losing our baby, the whirlwind of starting our business, Simply Sweet, from a place of love and grief—it all collided, and my perfectly built consistency shattered.

 


In the exhaustion and the overwhelm, I found myself too tired to prep nourishing food, too drained to move my body, and reaching for the comfort of the very baked goods we were creating. The weight on my body became a testament to the weight on my heart. I felt like I had failed.

 


But in my desperation, I got on my knees. I began a fast, not for my body, but for my soul—to reset my mentality and align my spirit with God’s. I prayed over the challenges I was facing, and in the quiet, I heard His gentle whisper, clear and true: "This is a journey, not a race. And I am walking with you."

 

The world screams for speed, for 30-day transformations and instant results. But God specializes in process. He doesn't call us to a frantic sprint, but to a faithful walk."The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." (Deuteronomy 31:8)

 

He goes ”before” us. He walks “with” us. This means every slow, stumbling step is taken in His presence. The goal isn't to get back to who I was before the tragedy; the goal is to become who He is calling me to be now, one faithful, small habit at a time. So, I started small. I surrendered the "all-or-nothing" lie. Some days, my only victory was preparing one simple, nourishing meal for myself. And by God's grace, that was enough.

 


I also had to get honest about my challenges. I love bread. The comfort of a warm muffin is my livelihood and my comfort. But I’ve learned that grace doesn’t mean denial; it provides a better way. Instead of fighting a losing battle, I’m making swaps that honour my body as a temple of the Holy Spirit. I’ve found that **dense, seedy rye bread or nutrient-rich Ezekiel sprouted grain bread** are satisfying, God-honouring alternatives that allow me to enjoy what I love while faithfully stewarding my health.

 

And on the days I’m just too tired? The days when the busyness of life and grief drain me completely? That’s where the most important habit of all comes in: the holy habit of “starting again”."Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23)

 

His mercy is a fresh start, delivered with the sunrise. He doesn't hold yesterday’s choices against us. He simply offers His hand and says, "Let's try again today."So, if you’re reading this, feeling like you’ve failed, like your consistency is gone—I see you. But you are not defined by your stumble. You are defined by the God who helps you rise.

 


Let’s trade the world’s pressure for God’s peace. Let’s build one small, God-honouring habit at a time. Let’s give ourselves grace when we’re tired, and let’s lean on His new mercies to start again, and again, and again. Your journey is sacred because it is yours and God’s. Don’t rush it. Just take the next small step with Him.

 

What is one small habit you can commit to with God today? Share below so we can support one another in faith and faithfulness.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Nourishment Wore a Muffin Top: A Story of Love and Weight

When Your To-Do List is Longer Than Your Day: Finding God in the Exhaustion